AMEE has a number of committees focused on the development of key topical areas of healthcare professions education. All committees share the AMEE mission of enabling and promoting collaboration with, and between, a diverse and inclusive global community of health professionals, educators, and other stakeholders to foster scholarship and best practice.
AMEE Committees all follow the general principles of Governance outlined below:
- As positions become open, there will always be a call for new committee member applications in the AMEE Newsletter and on the AMEE website.
- Members of an AMEE Committee also need to hold a current individual membership of AMEE.
- Terms of appointment are fixed (but can vary by Committee).
- Every Committee will have a minimum of 2 appointed Officers: Chair (or Co-Chairs); Past Chair. A Chair Elect will also be appointed between 12-24 months before the Chair / Co-Chairs step down. Committees may also appoint additional Officers.
- The Chair Elect is nominated from within the existing committee members and appointed by a vote of existing members.
- Each Committee can create additional Special Interest Groups / Task Forces/ Sub Committees. Membership of these groups will be at the discretion of the Committee.
AMEE Committees were established to facilitate the Association’s programme in specific areas and to assist members in having a role in AMEE’s activities.
Each committee reports back to the AMEE Executive Committee and Board.
Remit of an AMEE Committee
Our committees contribute to AMEE's mission of advancing best practice and excellence in medical education by:
- Planning and participation in AMEE’s annual conference
- Engaging with Stakeholders
- Engaging with individuals and organisations working in relation to the area addressed by the committee
- Engaging in collaborative work or projects as appropriate
- Engaging with AMEE projects and initiatives
- Informing AMEE members
- Providing information relating to the work of the committee
- Maintaining relevant information about the work of the committee on the AMEE website
- Preparing a twice-yearly report for meetings of the AMEE Executive Committee
- Promoting scholarly work