Greetings, thank you very much for 2 short minutes of your valuable time. Physicians have the Hippocratic oath to guide their overall behaviour. Researchers have the scientific method, theory and practice to guide their actions. Health professions educators have dozens and dozens of competencies, entrustable professional activities, milestones, and outcomes to follow but no general guiding principles applicable in different situations and scenarios. Six guiding principles are suggested. To what extent do each of them fit with your own day-to-day decision making? The short survey can be accessed at https://bit.ly/3J6pGGd
or via the QR code below.
1. Develop your capacity to learn, practice, and teach
2. Seek quality performance in yourself, your colleagues, and your systems
3. Build clarity and resilience in health professions education
4. Match expectations with support
5. Collaborate to support health and well-being
6. Connect with humility
Thank you very much.
Mennin Consulting & Associates
Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology & Physiology
University of New Mexico School of Medicine
Albuquerque, New Mexico, US
Consulting Associate Human Systems Dynamics Institute