The AMEE Faculty Development Committee
The AMEE Faculty Development Committee acts as a guide for AMEE in all areas relating to Faculty Development
The AMEE Faculty Development Committee acts as a guide for AMEE in all areas relating to Faculty Development and has the following as its driving goals:
- To advance best practice and excellence in the development of health professional academic faculty across the globe
- To provide advice to the AMEE Executive Committee and AMEE staff on the area of faculty and health professional educator development
- To promote scholarly work in faculty and health professional educator development to and among the membership of AMEE
- To oversee the selection of sites and appointment of conference organising committees for biennial International Conferences on Faculty Development in the Health Professions into the future
- To develop and deliver a symposium on a current topic in faculty and health professional educator development at each AMEE conference that is not associated with an International Conference on Faculty Development in the Health Professions
- To consider and develop other global and regional activities to support and advance faculty and health professional educator development
- To keep AMEE members informed about current issues and events in faculty and health professional educator development through MedEdWorld and MedEdPublish.
- Our 7th International Conference on Faculty Development in the Health Professions was held in conjunction with AMEE 2023. Watch previous FacDev Journal Club sessions.
- We hold regular regular faculty development journal clubs and webinars. Watch our previous journal clubs sessions and sign up for upcoming journal clubs and webinars.
Applications for the 2023 Faculty Development Research Grant have now closed. Information about the 2024 Faculty Development Research Grant will be posted when the submission period opens later this year.
Research Grant Winners
2023 Winners - Boukje Compen (Principal Investigator) and Associate Investigators (Lianne Loosveld, Herma Roebertsen, Peter Cantillon, Susan van Schalkwyk and Diana Dolmans) - How do health professions educators conceptualise their current and future teacher identities in their working contexts? A landscape of practice perspective.
2022 Winners – Ardi Findyartini (Principal Investigator) and Associate Investigators (Komal Atta, Thirusha Naidu, Madawa Chandratilake and Diantha Soemantri) - Social Media and Professional Development of Medical Teachers in Global South: A Phenomenology Study.
AMEE FacDev Search:
Our own custom search engine powered by google which indexes faculty development materials and publications. Find the Faculty Development resources you need.
Join the Faculty Development Listserv . To facilitate sharing and exchange of information on faculty development activities.
- Olanrewaju Sorinola (UK) – Co-Chair
- Karen Leslie (Canada) – Co-Chair
- Megan Anakin (New Zealand)
- Ruth Chen (Canada)
- Manuel João Tavares Mendes Costa (Portugal)
- Diana Dolmans (Netherlands)
- Ardi Findyartini (Indonesia)
- Mark Lavercombe (Australia)
- Rachel Levine (USA)
- Rhoda Meyer (South Africa)
- Harm Peters (Germany)
- Subha Ramani (USA)
- Melchor Sanchez-Mendiola (Mexico)
- Marwa Schumann (Germany)
- Da-ya Yang (China)
- Yvonne Steinert (Canada) – Past-Chair for 1 year
- Boukje Compen (Netherlands) - Internship for 2 years
- Matheus Torsani (Brazil) – Internship for 2 years