The AMEE Simulation Committee
The AMEE Simulation Committee hosts a journal club annually at the AMEE Conference.
Recently published scientific papers involving healthcare simulation are nominated by the Committee and presented by members of the author group themselves.
Only four papers are included each year to allow for thorough presentation and interactive discussion with the participants. The AMEE
Simulation Committee Journal Club has the following members on the award panel – Lars Konge, Debra Nestel, Walter Eppich, Kristian Krogh and Ross Scalese. At the end of the Journal Club participants vote for the Best Simulation Paper of the Year.
The journal club serves two purposes:
- To give the participants at the AMEE Conference an interesting, interactive, and quick opportunity to brush up on the latest scientific advancements in the fascinating and diverse world of simulation.
- To honor scholars who have undertaken important research in healthcare simulation. The Best Simulation Paper of the Year will be presented with a prize of £1,000 sponsored by the Copenhagen Academy for Medical Education and Simulation (CAMES)
- Scholarship – The members of the Simulation Committee published more than 50 papers in international, peer-reviewed journals in 2021. They covered a broad variety of topics centered on simulation in medical education, including technical skills, professional skills, under-graduate & post-graduate education etc.
- ASPIRE Simulation – The AMEE Simulation Committee is collaborating with the ASPIRE-to-Excellence Simulation Panel, under the chairmanship of Barry Isenberg and Debra Nestel, in the promotion of the AMEE ASPIRE Award.
The AMEE Simulation Committee is redefining ways to leverage our networks with simulation professional associations for the benefit of AMEE members. We also continue to develop a strategy for increasing AMEE presence at many simulation conferences.
- Gabriel Reedy, UK (Co-Chair)
- Leizl Joy Nayahangan, Denmark (Co-Chair)
- Kristian Krogh, Denmark
- Nancy McNaughton, Canada
- Debra Nestel, Australia
- Peter Dieckmann, Denmark
- Walter Eppich, USA
- Barry Issenberg, USA
- Ross Scalese, USA
- Barry Quinn, UK
- John Tegzes, USA
- Michaela Kolbe, Switzerland
- Bryn Baxendal, UK
- Rune Dall Jensen, Denmark
- Ryan Brydges, Canada
The AMEE Simulation Committee would like to acknowledge the contributions of the following colleagues who have served the Committee over many years:
- Lars Konge, Denmark (Co-Chair)
- Deborah Murdoch-Eaton, UK (AMEE Executive Committee Liaison)
- Jean Ker, UK
- Augusto Scalabrini Neto, Brazil
- Prof Doris Østergaard, Denmark
- Prof Hyun Soo Chung, Korea
- Prof Kamran Khan, UK
- Mr Tore Laerdal, Norway
- Prof Daisy Rotzoll, Germany
- Prof Amitai Ziv, Israel